Our friend, Melinda Smith, was so nice and invited us over to ride her horses. She has an amazing place! I believe she gives lessons, but also has a program for handicapped individuals to come out and ride the horses as part of their therapy. She has some big ramps that help those in wheelchairs get on the horses. Pretty cool!
She spent a lot of time teaching the kids about safety and how to care for a horse. Then the real fun bagan, as they all got to get on the horses. I was amazed at how comfortable the kids were. Even Ian and Katelyn were totally at ease and not scared at all!
I got a close up of each and then an 'action shot'. Here's Ian!
Ian loved it! They were very proud of him because he was comfortable enough to let go with his hands. They would play games of having him reach to touch the horses ears or tail. He used his legs to hold on and balance.
The 'Whoo hoo!" below is after they led the horse in a trot. He loved it!
Katelyn was next. She had such a good time and fell in love with the animals! She especially loved a little miniature horse that Melinda had. She was SO MAD at me that I wouldn't buy the horse from Melinda and take it home. When asked how exactly I was supposed to do that...she replied that the horse would fit in the back of Grandma's van. She said we could keep it at Grandma's for the rest of our trip and then take it to our house.
She was in total tear mode as I tried to explain how this wouldn't work! She just couldn't believe that I would say no!

Katelyn did such a good job, they let her lead the horse on her own. She was so cute how she would put her whole body into guiding the horse. She didn't just pull to the right and turn her head. She'd lean her entire body to the right! :)

Erin took to horseriding like she does everything...full determination and success. Melinda said she was a natural. She listened to commands and could easily follow directions given. She sat back in the sattle and had great posture. She loved it.

The white horse you see the kids riding is Pasha. He was a circus horse that Melinda had just bought. Evidently, his legs couldn't handle the stress of the circus anymore. He was a HUGE horse and the kids loved riding him!

I loved watching all the kids ride, but I was thrilled with the joy I saw in Emily! Emily is our more quite, content, bookworm. Not many things get her excited outside of books or music, but SHE LOVED THIS!!!

Below is Emily trying to get Pasha to trot. I hope you can see, but when Emily is especially excited she doesn't want to give a huge, silly grin. So she pushes her lips together! I saw this on her many times that morning! And I believe her exact words to tell her dad about the day where that it was " SO FREAKINGLY FANTASTIC"!!! Melinda told me that Emily has the build of a horserider (like you say someone has the build of a dancer).
Main thing: Everyone had a wonderful morning...one we won't ever forget!



1 comments:
I am so jealous! This looks amazing! I love that Emily was so excited by it. Maybe we should go riding around here in Snohomish sometime.
Post a Comment