July 9-10, 2010
This is the second time we've been invited out to Winthrop by Spence's Aunt Beverly and Uncle Richard. I was unable to go last year because of being in bed with my neck! I was so glad to get to go this time!
I must say, I think that this was the most beautiful drive I've ever been on! And probably the curviest, too! I'm talking kids getting a little carsick!
When we arrived, we headed over to Lake Perrigan. It was a beautiful spot to camp and enjoy the water. Uncle Richard was out with some of the cousins fishing. Doug and Theresa brought their ski-doo (sp). We had such a great time swimming and playing and going for rides!

That evening we cooked s'mores around the campfire! So fun!
The next morning, Uncle Richard took Katelyn, Ian, and Spencer out fishing as it had become too hot the previous day. Katelyn was so excited and ready to help! Unfortunately, the fish just weren't biting that morning!
As we were packing up to leave, Erin found a snake out between the cabins. Uncle Richard said it was a 'bull snake'. The kids were so excited!

As we were driving down the driveway, we spied the buck Uncle Richard had told us about. He evidently likes to come rest in the shade of this tree. Isn't he beautiful?

We stopped in town to get some homemade ice cream from "Sheri's Homemade Ice Cream Shop". It was delicious and felt so good on such a HOT day!

We headed home after and again enjoyed just a gorgeous drive! I can't wait to head out that way again sometime!



0 comments:
Post a Comment