Monday, July 26, 2010

Erin's field Trip

May 25, 2010

I got to go on a field trip with Erin's 5th grade class. We went to the Nordic Heritage Museum and to the Ballard Locks. Erin and I both LOVED the museum. We have both a Swedish and Danish heritage, so it was very interesting to learn about the people from these places and how they came to the Seattle area. We liked the museum much better than the locks. There were pretty gardens around, but on the whole it was "smelly, wet, and just plain gross" . (This is a direct quote from Erin.)

Arden, Erin, and Makailyn at the Ballard Locks.

Erin and I

The next night, all the 5th graders had a music concert called "And the beat goes on..." They got to play some cool drums and sang some cool songs like "We got the Beat" from the Go Go's, "Beat it!" from Michael Jackson, "Turn the Beat Around" by Vicki Sue Robinson, and, of course "The Beat goes on" by Sonny and Cher. It was a really fun concert and she had a great time!


0 comments: