Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hawaii Family Trip Part 2

On Sunday afternoon, our dear friend, Emily Shaw arrived. Emily and her husband, Andy, were celebrating their 10th Anniversary and wanted to do something special. And I had been talking to her about needing some help with the kids while Spence would be in meetings all day on Monday and Tuesday. Thankfully, it all worked out for her to come out a few days early and help me out. Andy joined her on the day we left. She was able to get the "lay of the land" and be ready to show Andy all of the fun stuff to do! It worked out perfectly!!!

On Monday and Tuesday, we pretty much hung around the hotel. We did tons of swimming, some shopping, played games, and of course ATE! Below are some pictures, not necessarily in chronological order!

I can't believe that this is the ONLY picture I took of Emily! She was so sweet to take pictures of us after we found my camera broken the next day.
Ian having fettuccini Alfredo at the Outrigger hotel. He was so worn out he fell asleep at the table! Of course we were kind of stuck in our booth while someone was having their Birthday Party and they were standing right in front of our table to preside! We felt quite a part of the party! They came over and apologized if they interrupted our meal and were very sweet. It was fun to get to be apart of it! ;)


All over the Hotel there were different animals: birds, fish, peacocks, turtles, penguins. The kids loved watching them. It was one of the few moments they were still!

I love this picture!!

Ian and I playing in the "Blue Pool". We had names for each of the pools. This one had blue tile on the bottom. It was the one pool Ian could be in without his life jacket and he LOVED it!!!

On Tuesday, we went over to the International Market and shopped! Ian found this tree and had to climb it!

When Spence was not in meetings, he would join us for lunch or for a break. This was in the evening after his second day of meetings. We were playing cards. Spence, Ian, and Kateyn were playing "Go Fish!" with the Star Wars cards, so they would yell, "Star Wars!" instead of 'go fish'. I don't remember what they were laughing at, but they were tooo giggly!

The two Emily's, Erin, and I were playing "Pounce!" Too fun!

We stayed on the 19th floor, so we spent a lot of time going up and down in the elevator. This was Erin's favorite way to ride.

On Tuesday night, Emily Shaw watched the kids so Spence and I could go out for the evening. It was such a romantic evening. It had started raining and we walked over to the "La Mer" restaurant arm in arm under an umbrella (ok, that wasn't quite the romantic part!) The restaraunt was very quiet and candle lit. And I must say it kind of blew me away to have a choice of Spring Waters...and I'm not just talking about Dasani vs. Arrowhead. I'm talking water from Tahiti and Samoa and places like that! Everything looked and tasted delicious. We were especially impressed with our desserts. Mine was an assortment of Sorbets and fruit. It came presented like this: Doesn't it look like swordfish?


Spence's was this hazelnut ice cream with chocolate cookies. Can you say...YUM!!!

When we left, it had stopped raining and it WAS a romantic walk along the beach. I love this wonderful man of mine!!!


Sorry, here are some misc. pictures of us at the beach while Spence was working. Emily was a HUGE help and we all had a wonderful time!
Erin making friends with the birds.

Trying to make a sand castle using our leftover cereal containers.

Emily having fun in the water.

Having some lunch in the room.
The Spread

On Wed. morning, Spence had a few final meetings. We didn't want to get all wet again, so we played at a park next door. We had so much fun!
Playing frisbee.


Brian Nedry was sweet enough to come pick us up late that night. Can you say TIRED??!!??
We'll never forget this trip! I want to really thank Spence for pushing for all of us to go. It is a wonderful memory we'll have forever.

0 comments: