Monday, July 26, 2010

My New Car

July 24, 2010

Today, I got the first car that I truly feel is mine. I know this sounds weird. But, it's how I feel. We weren't bought 'new cars' in High School to have. We took turns driving my dad's old Ford escort. It was a great little car, but it was dad's car.
When I got married, we had Spence's Jetta. We did buy the Neon--that was bought in desperation in a snowstorm as our Jetta wouldn't get out of 2nd gear. I really hated that car! It was in the shop monthly.
We traded the Neon in for the Camry, which was a good car. It was solid and reliable. It was OURS. It was our only car for 5 years until Ian was born and we had to get a mini van. Spence was working crazy hours and we looked, but it was hard with a newborn. I lasted about 3 months with 4 kids and no mini-van, so when we found the Sienna, I was quite desperate and really didn't have any feelings for it other than "Thank you, for the room!".

We've now had the Sienna for 7 years, and it was starting to need some work done and our kids are growing so fast that we needed a bigger vehicle.

I think I understand now how Spencer feels about his new car! I did so much research and test drove so many vehicles. I looked and looked and narrowed it down to wanting an Expedition. Then to find one that had even more than I had expected (DVD,Moonroof, CD, IPOD, Power everything) and I liked the colors inside (black) and out (silver). The buying process was so stressful for me, because I wanted it so bad! We even had to walk away at one point. We searched for another one that had what this one did in the same price range and there really wasn't anything. They came down a bit more in price and the deal was set. I am so very happy!!! I've wondered about the difference in how I feel about it...It is still the family car. But somehow it is more intrinsically MINE!
I've never felt this way about anything we've owned before. I now know why Spence washed the Jag 3 times the first month we owned it. When he hadn't washed the Camry that many times in a whole year! :)

Okay, enough! Now you know, we are goo-goo over some stupid cars!!! (But it brings a smile to our faces!!)

My 2008 Ford Expedition.

Ready to go on a Sunday drive to check out everything in it.

Angle from the Moonroof.


Let's go!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I remember when I got my Pilot. Ryan was still in school--so it was a big thing for us to have that car. And, MAN, did I ever love it. (Still do actually.) Glad you're enjoying YOUR car! :)

Lynne said...

Spencer drive a Jaguar?