June 26, 2010
I lucked out and got to go on a little trip with Spence this month! He had some training in Salt Lake on the 28th, so we went down the Sunday before and got a couple of days together.
We got to visit with our dear friends, Robyn and Shannon Mock. We had a wonderful evening together catching up! The time flew by too quickly! We can't wait to see them again soon!
On Monday, Spence and I went up to Park City. It was a gorgeous day. We checked everything out and decided to try going down the Zip Line. I've always wanted to try it and here I got my chance! The Alpine Slide looked fun, too. I was having to be very careful with my neck, as it was giving me a few problems that weekend.

Here's Spence and I after going down the zip line. It was fun! The only scary part was being up at the top getting strapped in and looking down. Once I was 'zipping', it wasn't scary at all!
We had dinner at a little Bistro on the Main Street. It was kind of a French- American place and the food was delicious!
While Spence was in his class, I got to have lunch with Hollie Wright. They lived by us out in West Valley. It was so fun to catch up with her! After lunch at the Olive Garden, we walked around Temple Square for a while. All too soon it was time for her to go! She dropped me over at The Gateway Mall. I looked around for a while. It was SO HOT! So, I did something I've never done before! I went to a movie all by myself! I saw "Knight and Day" with Tom Cruise and Cameran Diaz. It was a fun movie. It was only weird being alone until the movie started.
I met Spence and we walked around Temple Square ourselves. It was really neat to see the model of the Temple in the South Visitors Center. We had a quick bite to eat at JB's. We used to eat there all the time! We just got the Salad Bar to be quick. It was quite gross! All I'll say is that the mozzerella cheese was grey. I don't want to think about it any more than that! Eww!
I dropped Spence off at the airport-sad that our alone time was over- but actually happy that one of us was getting back to the kids. No matter what, I'm always missing them!
I spent the night with Aunt Conda and Uncle Scott. We visited my cousin Michelle and I got to meet Tory's cute new wife. We had a fun visit.
I met Robyn Mock the next morning for a little 'girl time'. We could have talked forever! It is so funny to find us evolving into the different stages of wife and mother in the same ways, even though we live so far apart. I'm so grateful for their friendship and that physical distance has no meaning!
For the rest of the week, I got to be with Amanda, Kevin, Abbey, Mariah, and finally meet little Callie. It was so fun to be with them and play. The girls are getting so big and are so beautiful and smart! On Friday, Manda and I got some special alone time. We started off shopping. Then we headed back up to Salt Lake. I had pre-purchased tickets to "Eclipse". We went to that in the afternoon and then to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Yum! We slept in the next morning-- something Manda NEVER gets to do! We were bummed to find out the Salt Lake Temple was closed that weekend for cleaning. So, we walked around the Temple Museum and the new Deseret Book Store before she took me to the airport. We had such a fun time together. I loved every minute of it! It was a great week!
Manda's family as we were about to leave on our "Night away". Poor Abbey didn't want her mommy to go!
Ah, the moment had arrived!!! (I startled everyone in the theatre as my flash went off! Hee! Hee!)



0 comments:
Post a Comment