Hello, All! Do you remember where you were 14 years ago today? Some of you were with Spencer and I. We were in Logan, Utah. It was a gorgeous Spring day. Clear, blue skies...a tiny bit of snow still on the ground and a little nip in the air. It was the perfect day for a wedding! We made you drive all over the place! 10am Logan Temple, 1pm or so in Bountiful for "Wedding Luncheon", and then 6pm in Salt Lake for Reception at the Lion House. (Sorry for all the miles!) I don't know if I can express how much it meant to be surrounded by our family, and to be loved and accepted into a new family.
I remember looking into Spencers eyes across the alter and knowing that what we were doing was so right and that he was the one for me!
I remember how tired I was and therefore how giggly and loud I was at the reception as we greeted people.(thanks Lynne for catching that on video) I still get that way when I'm extra tired! :)
I remember both sets of parents doing everything in their power to make this time wonderful and special for us. Thank you , Thank you!!!
I remember how nervous I was to be leaving with Spencer for our honeymoon,and then falling asleep in his arms that night, and realizing that this was now "home" and being perfectly content.
Every year, Spence and I look at each other and say, "Hey, I still really like you....WOW!" and laugh. I can't believe it's been 14 years. They have truly flown by. I'm so lucky to be in love with my best friend! He is a wonderful man and I look forward to a million more years with him!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Memories
Posted by Aimee Oliver at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I can't even remember taking the video...I guess it's been a while coupled with the fact that my memory is failing me! Congratulations on your anniversary today! You're a great couple.
Do you have any Easter pictures?
hi guys-
glad to discover you guys have a blog! since living on opposite sides of seattle might as well be opposite sides of the country... i didn't realize you live in snohomish, i love that area. i have some vague memories of your reception at the lion house... i don't remember you being overly giggly (though i understand, i do the same thing)- i do remember feeling like i was there with family, and that there was some sort of delicious sweet something or other served that i swiped seconds of..
congrats on it all!- love you-kelly
Congratulations! I remember it well. It was a lovely day. Jeremie was waving stick swords around the temple grounds while Mark was patiently walking around with him; I was wrestling with Jeremie at your reception (and crying outside because I so wanted to enjoy it, and he was throwing a tantrum). My mom took over there. I loved your purple and green! I still have Doug's (or Jeremie's?) little silk flower from your big day. I remember the tears in Spencer's eyes as he looked at you across the altar, and we knew it was an amazing union on that day. We love you!
Post a Comment