Friday, March 7, 2008

February 2008 Adventures

Hi, everyone!

I've been told by so many people how great blogging is, so I thought I'd try it out! I love the idea of a scrapbook/journal all in one, especially since I have zero time, desire, or talent for scrapbooking! I hope this will be a great way to share and save what our family is doing.

February was a busy, busy month and the beginning of this years "Adventures" for us!

Valentines Day was really fun! The older girls got their Valentine Cards all ready by themselves and Katelyn really enjoyed doing hers for her Kindergarten class. Ian really just enjoyed pigging out on all the candy and chocolate. (Needless to say, my box of chocolates from Spence was gone in a snap!)

Two days after Valentines, we left on our Family Vacation to Disneyland. WHOO HOO!!! I must say it was everything everyone told us it would be: busy, loud, tiring, expensive, but most of all FUN!!! We really had a great time and the kids were really good. I must say I highly recommend multiple days at Disneyparks, especially for the little ones who have to have at least 1 melt down per day. It was so nice to return to the hotel and go swimming or veg out infront of the tv and still be able to go back later! The kids wanted to share some of their favorite things about Disneyland:

Emily loved Space mountain, California Screamin, and Pirates of the Carribean. She is our "Pirate" girl and her big treasure from Disneyland was a pirate necklace, which she now wears daily.

Erin loved all of the above, but her most favorite was the "Tower of Terror" in California Adventure. She wanted to go on EVERYTHING and was afraid of NOTHIN'! She loves her Minnie Mouse ears we got her.

Katelyn was a little of a scaredy cat until she learned to trust us! She was terrified the first time we went through "Pirates of the Carribean". (She didn't like the dark) Then she wanted to ride it over and over! It definetly was her favorite! She also really liked Splash Mountain and the fact that daddy got all wet!

Ian loved Pirates and "Soaring over California" in California Adventure. He loved having a stroller just for him and wanted suckers and cotton candy everyday!

Spence and I loved most everything, but were really impressed with the shows. Spence really loved the light parade and I loved the fireworks over Cinderellas castle. They were amazing!!

We have to add one show the kids loved was the "Jedi Training Academy". It is a show where 20 kids are picked to become Jedi knights. Erin got the priveledge of being chosen (we had a very sad Katelyn :( They learned moves with fake light sabers and then Darth Vader and Darth Moll came out and tried to turn them to the "Dark Side". Erin got to "fight" with Darth Moll and successfully became a Jedi!!! It was really fun. We went back again to try for Katelyn, but again she wasn't picked (there is like 75+ kids there). It is a good memory though.

On the way home, we stopped in San Fransisco to stay with Uncle Mark. We all love him so much! Poor Ian was devistated when we left the next day. He kept saying to "Turn around and let him stay with Uncle Mark!" We loved going out to eat and teaching Mark all the JOYS of "Webkinz". Thanks so much for having us!

It was good to get home and back to our Kimi. She truly missed us and has been extra sweet with Ian since our return.

February 27-29th was our Elementary school Talent Show. They had rehearsals and Assemblies and then performed for parents on the 29th at night. I was the Backstage Manager and loved helping out! Emily sang "When Christmas Comes to Town" and Erin played "Oh, Susannah" on the piano. They did a great job!

Somehow the day before the talent show, I hurt my neck. Since I have had the new adventure of Chiropracters and Massage therapist(not so bad!). I'm learning to be grateful for the little things of lifting things and being able to do dishes and such! I'm so thankful for Spence for his patience and help! They think I should be back to normal within the month! YEAH!

To see the pictures with this trip go to: http://www.slide.com/r/IgtiAvck3j9GjteyDlAoIUyq8U2c_M_E?previous_view=lt_embedded_url


We'll be posting more soon...

7 comments:

emily said...

your pictures are darling! it' looks like you had a ton of fun! i'm glad to hear you had a great time! it inspires me to take my crew in a few years!

Lynne said...

Welcome to blogging! I'll link your homepage to ours on our friends/family list that appears on our home page. I'm looking forward to reading about more of your adventures!

Kristen said...

I am so glad you started a blog. It's a great way to document what you are up to. It looks like you had 5 wonderful days at Disneyland. It really is the happiest place on earth (except when the kids have meltdowns). :)

Colleen said...

You make me miss Disneyland!! That Jedi Training sounds awesome, the boys would LOVE it. They play Jedi on a daily basis. I am so glad you guys had a wonderful, safe and fun trip!

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa said...

I love your slide show! And congratulations on your survival of Disneyland.
Hope to see you soon!
...Theresa

Melanie said...

Very cool! Looks like you had a great trip. I too was slow to start a blog and now love it. A great way to keep in touch with everyone.