Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Saturday Night tour of the Seine by boat


We had decided early on that we wanted to take a boat tour on the Seine River, and that it had to be at night! We thought that after walking around Versailles all day, Saturday night would be perfect. Luckily for us, Mark had his new Apple "Air"(which I love). We were able to get almost 1/2 off the ticket price by ordering online! There weren't any seats up front, so we were in the back by the engine. But Mark recommended sitting on the side so we wouldn't feel the heat or noise so much!. It was a very pleasant night and everything was all lit up and pretty. I think the most interesting part was watching the people having picnics and parties on the banks of the Seine. We even saw a bit of dancing. I wish I had gotten a picture of that! I learned a little about where the Parliament lived, and that we had taken the architectural design for our White House from one of the Buildings there (I don't recall the name.). She also pointed out the "oldest building" still standing and talked about the Conciergerie. It was very nice.

By the time we got off the boat it was probably 10:30pm or so. But the night was still young! We walked and explored some more and just talked and enjoyed being together. It was a great day!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

A night boat on the Seine! Wow! What a great idea. I wish we had been there with you. We would have loved that. Your pictures are great. Beautiful! ...Theresa