I can't believe Erin is 9! WOW! She had a really wonderful birthday yesterday. We went to the Skate Deck and had a Roller Skating Party!!!! First off, she had the most amazing birthday cake on the planet!!
Our dear friend Nicole vonTrotha did an amazing job on this cake! I was thinking, "oh, cut a 9x13 into the shape of a boot and maybe add two ding dongs for wheels". And she presents Erin with thhis beautiful masterpiece!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!






I still haven't figured out how to do the slide show, yet. So, I'm just going to insert some pictures of her party. It was hard to get pictures of people skating with the dark lighting, but they had such a great time! This was Erin, Katelyn, and Ian's first time on roller skates and I was amazed how quickly they all picked it up, especially Ian. He didn't want to be held on to and he was out there in the middle with the older kids just doing his own little rhythm. Too cute! He was the only one brave enough to do the hokey-pokey out in the middle. He was hilarious! We all had a great time!



2 comments:
LOVE the cake - it reminds me of the cool cakes they make on the show "Ace of Cakes" (food network). Tony says you're in Chicago today for 3 hours - too bad we couldn't have come up to see you between flights. Maybe next time. Have fun!
PS) I can help you with your slide shows if you'd like me to.
Post a Comment