This November was extra special for me, as I got to be a part of the production of Michael McLean's "The Forgotten Carols". It was a wonderful experience to work on the music with such a good choir and then to get to meet Michael McLean, Tyler Castleton, and the others involved in his show. For those who don't know the storyline, it is about a nurse named Constance. She doesn't really have any Christmas Spirit and is a very conscientious and perfect nurse, but isn't a very happy person. She is asked to take care of an elderly man, Uncle John, during the holidays. He teaches her the "Forgotten Carols" which open her heart to the spirit of the Season. These amazing songs can't help but touch each of us! (Thanks to Emily Nedry for these pictures!!!)
Here is the entire set, with Michael conducting us on during Handel's Dream.
Here I am, front row, second from the left.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
The Forgotten Carols
Posted by Aimee Oliver at 10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
In love your short hair, too cute! Your costumes are inspiring!
I have been waiting for an update ;).
What an amazing night and a wonderful experience! I wish I had been there to see it, since I have not yet, but hear it is so good. And the fall catch up is very fun! You have obviously been very busy!
Post a Comment