Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can it be 15 years?

Thursday, March 26th, Spence and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary!!

We were married in the Logan, UT Temple on a gorgeous, crisp March morning. There was still a bit of snow on the ground in some places, but the sky was blue and clear!


It was so wonderful to be surrounded by family members. It was extra special for me to have my Grandparents there!


We had a wonderful Reception that night at the Lion House in Salt Lake. It was a beautiful place and so many loved ones were there to welcome us into each others families and lives. We are so blessed!

15 memories for 15 years...

1. I remember sitting with Spencer in the little waiting room before going in to the Sealing Room. I was a bit nervous-not of marrying Spence, but of being watched by everyone. I know I'm weird, I wanted them all there, but that was what made me nervous at the same time! The temple workers brought us to this room that had chairs and a little table. They came in and laughed to see me in my big gown all curled up on Spencer's lap. (My favorite place to be! :) I just needed his arms around me and to listen to his heart beating to calm my nerves.

2. I remember kneeling across from him and knowing that he was mine for forever!

3. I remember coming home with him and realizing he never had to leave me again. For some reason, the thought came that it would be like a never ending sleep over with my very best friend. :)

4. I remember moving from Arkansas to Provo, UT with him to finish school. How hard it was to leave home, friends, and family. But how excited I was to do this with him. This was before unlimited long distance, and he NEVER complained about my huge phone bills. I love him for that!

5. I remember him wanting and letting me go home to say 'goodbye' when my Parents, Amanda, and Chuck moved to Ohio.

6. I remember enjoying spending so much time with our Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles while we lived in Utah.

7. I remember how excited we were to find out we were starting a family. And I especially remember when Emily was born. Spencer kept running back and forth between Emily and me rambling about how beautiful she was and what a great job I did and how amazing it all was. I'll never forget the look of joy on his face. :)

8. I remember him wondering how in the world he could love another child like he loved Emily. Then I loved watching him fall head over heels with Erin! He had lots of one on one time with her late at night, mostly driving in the car.

9. I remember him telling me that we were not going to get anything else in pink, when I we found out Katelyn was a girl. I guess he had some insight to her personality, too. She HATES pink! I remember Spencer blessing Katelyn in our home in West Valley, again surrounded by family.

10. I remember both of our reactions to finding out we were getting our boy. The tech probably thought we were hard of hearing as we both were like.."What?" "Say that again?" "What did she say?".

11. I love listening to Spencer speak. He is one that doesn't share his opinion or feelings frequently, but when he does, it is very powerful! How blessed we are to have him be the Priesthood leader in our home. He is tender and sweet, and his feelings for his family and friends are very deep and powerful! I couldn't ask for a better or more loyal friend!

12. I remember Spencer's birthday and Valentine's surprises to me. For my birthday one year, he had a whole "Phantom of the Opera" theme going. I got different presents throughout the weekend and we ended up in the canyon watching the sun setting and I opened my last gift which was my card with tickets to the show! WOW!

13. The Valentines memory is when he left clues at home and all over the Salt Lake City Library for me to find. The library is like 3-4 stories and he had me looking for different books on different floors that he had left other clues in to get to the next book. Also in each book was a note telling me different things he loved about me. (Thank goodness nobody checked out the books!:) The last one had me meet him at a little place for a bite to eat. It was quite a day and he was quite amazing for putting it all together! It meant the world to me!

14.I have so many memories of fun vacations we've been on together. We love to see our family, but we also love to see new things, too. He has opened my world to many cultural things I'd never experienced before. Thank you, my dear one!

15. My favorite place in the world is wrapped up in Spencer's arms, just listening to our hearts beating. I've slept this way for 14 years and now have neck problems, so I can't anymore! :(
It is comfort, love, support, and peace all wrapped up in one!

I hope none of this is too personal, but as this is kind of my family journal, I wanted it in there! I love Spencer so much and am so grateful the Lord has blessed me with such a kind, tender, loving, supportive best friend!

3 comments:

The Nedrys said...

Happy Anniversary, dear friends! Your post made me get all misty eyed...I know how much you love each other and you have told me just about everything that was in this post, but I just loved reading it...I love that you two are so in love! You deserve all the happiness in the world and we are grateful to have you as such wonderful friends!

Lynne said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. You two were truly made for each other!

PS)My hair looks like a huge brillo pad in that group picture

Chelsie said...

Oh my! I just have to say, I think your wedding sleeve was bigger than your head! I loved it! I was actually sad you stopped at 15, so you could probably double it next year just for me.