Yep, that is a Hole in our Family room ceiling. Why do we have a hole in our Family Room ceiling, you ask?
I'll tell you the story... Imagine sitting in a nice, hot bubble bath after a wonderful, but kind of stressful Christmas day. You are reading a book and enjoying a bit of solitude. Suddenly, you hear, "Oh, no!!! Get up! Get up!" from Spencer downstairs. You stop and listen some more, thinking "What's wrong? Is someone hurt?" You slowly start to get up as Spencer burst into the bathroom--(Ok, you might not enjoy having Spencer burst into YOUR bathroom, so you have to imagine you are ME...ok, now I can continue). He yells, "Aimee, you need to get out!" "What's wrong? Who's hurt?" He continues"Water is coming through the ceiling!"
Now, I must say, My imagination is quite good, so I'm imagining water POURING through the ceiling. Luckily, it was just dripping in about 4 or 5 places! Thanks to the Simpsons, we called the Blacks, who gave the number of a company who sent someone out the next morning to help us out. Randy told us a few horror stories of how swamped they are with roofs caving in and pipes bursting because of the weather, so we felt pretty blessed that our problem stemmed from this little bugger...
Yep, the overflow valve on the tub. It had been loose for quite a while, just loose enough to twist around, not really a big gap or anything. Both Spence and I had thought many times while showering, "Oh, yeah, I should get a flat head and tighten that!" But did we? Of course not! Now we get to pay for a hole in the ceiling after Randy tightened it! Here are some pictures of the dripping. Enjoy and learn from our mistake--Don't wait to do little things that might not seem that important--they could end up quite expensive!!!



1 comments:
now that's just plain horrible!
Post a Comment