My life for the last few months has revolved around our school's Talent Show. The above picture is of our K-3 group. They asked that I stand in the picture for this one. The Talent Show was last Friday and was a wonderful success!! I couldn't have asked for it to go any better! The kids were great and everything went so smoothly! We had a little girl forget her lyrics, but she came out later and did a fantastic job! You could just feel the students and audience pulling for her. It was a really neat memory!
The principal asked if I was going to do it again next year. I told her I'd think about it. (Spence asked if he could just give a big donation to the school instead! :)
I've learned a lot about myself through this. I did a good job and handled the anxiety well. I learned that I AM a micro- manager ( a nice one, though) and a bit of a perfectionist. But if I did do it again, I would know who I could count on and be able to delegate more. So, we'll see. In the end, it was a lot of FUN!
The one negative about the night was that Katelyn and Erin were to do a piano duet and Katelyn got sick. She was able to do the assembly that morning, so she did get to perform once. Erin asked if I would do Katelyn's part with her. Even though I messed up a little, I think Erin sounded GREAT!
Emily was my Right-hand gal backstage. She worked a 5 disc cd player while I dealt with the sound system. She had a stressful job and handled it beautifully! I was very proud of her!
It was a wonderful evening and a friend was sweet enough to get our picture to remember it.




1 comments:
THAT WAS SO MUCH FREAKINA' WORK AND WAS REALLY TIRING love milda
Post a Comment